To help you make more informed scoring decisions when you review a product or a business, we’ve created a guide to the good things and the not so good things when it comes to packaging. On wherefrom, packaging refers to the origin, recyclability and reusability of the materials and strategies used in the manufacturing of the packaging.
- All packaging uses 100% recycled packaging.
- All packaging is 100% widely recyclable.
- 100% plastic-free packaging.
- Terracycle (or similar) scheme in place.
- 100% biodegradable packaging.
Not so good things
- All packaging uses less than 100% recycled packaging.
- All packaging used is not 100% widely recyclable.
- Plans to make full range of product packaging from 100% recycled or recyclable products is further away than 2024.
Terracycle schemes: https://www.terracycle.com/en-GB/brigades
On-Pack Recycling Label (OPRL): https://www.oprl.org.uk/get-involved/what-is-the-scheme/