To help you make more informed scoring decisions when you review a product or a business, we’ve created a guide to help measure how much you trust a brand ensures good labour rights and conditions for their staff.
-Transparent about employee awareness, inclusivity and diversity.
- Certified as a Living Wage Foundation employer, FairTrade or Fair Labour, or another similar accreditor/certification.
- Certified as having a slavery-free supply chain.
- When relevant to Labour Standards, references the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in reports.
Not so good things
- Has no mention anywhere about social responsibility.
- Shares no updates about employee awareness, inclusivity and diversity.
- Has no short or long term targets or commitments to social responsibility.
- Talks about the importance of social responsibility but no evidence of implementation.
- Not certified as having a slavery-free supply chain.
Living Wage Foundation: https://www.livingwage.org.uk/
Fair Labour Association: http://www.fairlabor.org/
International Labour Organisation: https://www.ilo.org/global/topics/dw4sd/themes/standards/lang--en/index.htm